AA CULT EXPOSED

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

PERSONALITY CHANGES

AA claims to be a quit drinking program. The fact is they demand a complete personality change in their members. I remember seeing a friend of mine coming to the meetings. This guy was a staunch athiest. One month in the fellowship he was talking about Jesus, and how He changed his life, his whole personality. It was really bizarre. As far as I'm aware Jesus didn't want us to change our whole personality. And I'm sure He didn't want us to sit around judging everybody; He didn't want us to waste our days and not contribute for the good of society. AA is a closed, egotistical and selfish system. Many members even proudly say, "It's a selfish program." Touche!
The cult must first break you down to build you into a good cult drone. In a story in the BB, (p420, 3rd ed) a cult member tells us, "I have had to be torn down and then put back together differently."
Trust me your personality is not completely changed. But what does happen is that your mind stops thinking. You go in a strange surreal state. Sometimes, every now and then, you use logic and express it at meetings. But it's quickly beating back by the bullies. What eventual happened to me was that I became unafraid of threats of AA or death and left. Now my thinking is clear and healthy, happy and sad, not maniacal and depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home