AA CULT EXPOSED

Friday, March 10, 2006

just thoughts

"I am very nervous here. This is my first chair. My sponsor's told me it's my big ego that makes me nervous in a room full of people, (everybody nods agreement) I'm sorry I can't do this. It's just me being selfish" -
That's what a young man said opening up a meeting. His sponsor told him something, therefore it is true. Actually he was probably nervous because he'd never spoken to a room full of people. Perhaps he feared he would not impress. Perhaps he feared ridicule, confessing his sins. It may have had someting to do with his ego but it certainly wasn't because it was big. And it absolutely had nothing to do with selfishness! And the bottom line is he did not want to do it!
New members are made to feel guilty for not doing chairs. The true -believers (Always middle aged, arrogant men, always White) say things like "who are you to say no?" "You forget where you came from". They have no empathy or understanding.
These days I have no time for these bastards. Sure there are plenty of good members, good people, that I talk to, but the leaders, the true believers, I walk right by without a word. Where are there qualifications? Well they have none. Yet they feel fit to tell a newcomer not to take there medication; they feel it's right to push a member to do things he or she doesn't want to do. Their ignorance and stupidity is quite shocking and chills me to the bone.
Often people are told to ring their sponsor every day. How degrading is that? This is perhaps a way that members lose their identities. All of their decisions are often made by the sponsor. So their needs are never met. 'Don't make major decisions for a least two years' is a common bit of advice. (Actually they call it a suggestion, AAs love semantics!). What muck! No. I think I'll make my own decisions thank you very much!
I am so, so glad to get away from the AA cult. Really I thought I would be going to meetings for the rest of my life. Now I know I will NEVER go to an AA cult meeting again. Woo hoo! happy days!

For a comprehensive analysis of the cult visit Agent Orange at www.orange-papers.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home