AA CULT EXPOSED

Friday, April 07, 2006

"TURN DOWN THAT JOB"

I met a friend of mine recently who just left AA because of the nonsense he was being told. My friend is starting a new job soon. The money is great and he is very happy and looking forward to it. His former 'friends' of Alcoholics Anonymous told him to turn the job down, that he was not ready for it. Isn't that outrageous? It is small wonder that many members in this area are self-righteous bums who smoke like trains and waste their lives talking about how grateful they are at meetings!
The amount of unemployed members I've met is shocking. Now these are long time members who advice others to turn down jobs! Ireland has one of the lowest unemployed rates in the world and the lowest in the EU. There is a job for everyone. In fact there are so many jobs that we have to recruit from other countries (making a wonderful multi-cultural Ireland). It is understandable that some don't have the confidence or suffer from depression or low self-esteem, but the big shots who told my friend to turn a job down brag about how well they are!

1 Comments:

  • THEY DID THIS TO ME.I WORKED ON AND OFF SINCE AGE 14 YRS.PRE AA I WAS TOLD AT AGE 41YR I WOULD HAVE TO STOP WORKING AS I WAS VERY ILL AND IN A LOT OF PAIN.PTSD AND DAMAGED SPINE.I COULD NO LONGER DO THE HEAVY HARD PHYSICAL WORK I HAD DONE.I WAS ADVISED TO TAKE LIFE SICK BUT REFUSED I TOOK 2 YEARS SICK AND WENT INTO VOL WORK AND HIGHER EDUCATION JUST PRIOR TO GOING TO AA. THEN IN THERE I PASSED ALL MY EXAMS AND GOT A JOB IN THE MENTAL HEALTH . THEY TOLD ME TO LEAVE.I DID AND SINCE THEN DID SMALL CLEANING JOBS AND VOL WORK UP UNTIL I RETIRED. I NOW DO VOL WORK FOR OXFAM.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home