AA CULT EXPOSED

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Self-love

I read quite a while back a leaflet which was distributed by the Alcoholics Anonymous Services. It wrote of the differences between a sponsor and a counsellor. Of course the sponsor with no training whatsoever in mental health care, comes out on top. I can't remember all of it but I will find it and reproduce here. One thing that stood out was: " The difference between a sponsor and a counsellor is that a counsellor tells you to love yourself and a sponsor tells you to love others"
Utter shite!
This rather slyly implies that a counsellor tells you to love only yourself. Rubbish. Not true. What is wrong with loving yourself and others? Isn't it logical to love yourself first? And if you don't love yourself, what then? Do you think maybe you're just ok? Bearable? Is this vacuum filled with self hatred? Like the self loathing Bill Wilson, who projected that hatred onto alcoholics.
If you don't love yourself nobody else will love you. If you don't respect yourself nobody will either.
I for example was a self loathing person as an AA member, although this improved even in the cult, despite the cult. Now about seven months on I dress better, having more confidence and I know I'm a nice person. I take care of myself because I love myself, but not just myself.
I know longer have to go to cult meetings saying what a shit I am. I can now be proud of who I am, and proud I certainly am. I've got grit and guts aplently! Now I could not say that at an Alcoholics Anonymous cult meeting. There I must give all my hard work and credit to the cult and admit that I've done nothing to deserve it. Yes indeed a lack of self love is an official part of Alcoholics Anonymous! This is perhaps another reason for the seeding, boiling rage beneath the false 'spiritual' face of the indoctrinated AA cult member...
Another one that comes to mined:
A counsellor tells you to love your inner child, a sponsors says he needs a good spanking"
That is so appalling, even for the ignorant AA leadership. Yet again more self hatred. Another example of suppression in AA. Imagine being beaten to a pulp by a parent, or raped, and hearing a sponsor tell to your inner child needs a spanking! I watched a TV program on BBC before where there were four men who'd been sexually abused as children. These men were all hard men and criminals and heavily tattooed. Yet when they spoke of their shocking childhood they seemed to regress into a childlike state: their heads down, twiddling the fingers, weeping like a child. It really moved me. Now an AA sponsor suggest beating that inner child that these men brought to the surface to heal.
The more I analyze AA now, the more it disgusts me. No wonder they say, Utilize, don't analyze! Because when you do analyze you find the truth, which to me is just plain sick!

2 Comments:

  • My sponsor uses a paddle to spank me when he feels it to be needed. It is a very effective tool, and I am glad he paddles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 AM  

  • THEY ARE VERY DISGUSTING AND OFFENSIVE PEOPLE. THEIR FORM OF TOUGH LOVE IS NOT HELPFUL TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED.IT DAMAGES ABUSE VICTIMS. THEY TALK ABOUT EMPATHY YET I DIDN'T NEVER, NOT ONCE, FEEL I GOT ANY FROM ANY OF THEM. THEY TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE BELITTLE THEM SHAME THEM THROUGH HUMILIATION. I BELIEVE SOME OF THEM GOT A BUZZ AND KICK OUT OF DOING THIS. MY SELF-ESTEEM WAS LOW PRE-AA, BUT IT GOT WORSE WHEN I WAS GOING THERE.I HAVE BEEN BUILDING MY SELF-ESTEEM UP SINCE I LEFT.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home