AA CULT EXPOSED

Friday, April 28, 2006

thoughts

It really is extraordinary the level of sarcasm and put downs in Alcoholics Anonymous.
When a cult drone asked me recently if I was still getting meetings I answered that I wasn't, and that I was no longer a member of AA. I told him that I was finding peace now. His response was, "Sure you're too well for AA." Of course he was being sarcastic but I decided to give a simply, genuine answer: "Yes. That's correct, thankyou, I hope you get out soon too". He said, "I pity you", I laughed, rather like you would when a child says someting cute and innocent. This conversation really reminds me of how much more confident I have become. In AA they tell you not to get angry, yet ironically they're the angriest people I've met to date. Angry people don't frighten me like they used to. This guy found out the hard way. His body language said: 'you beat me. I am humiliated'. Well he humiliated himself. No longer will I suppress who I am for fear of humiliating some weak bully. No longer will the embarrassement of others affect me, except when I choose.
I take responsibility for how I feel; I am not responsible for others feelings. Woo hoo what a burden lifted!!!

1 Comments:

  • THEY TOLD ME IT WAS WRONG TO FEEL PITY, AND THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE EMPATHY NOT PITY. THEY DO NOT NEED TO PITY ME, SINCE I LEFT MY LIFE HAS GOTTEN BETTER, IN SOME WAYS, NOT WORSE. AND I'M NOT DRINKING OR DRUGGING MYSELF TO DEATH.I DONT WANT OR NEED THEIR PITY AND I DONT EXPECT THEM TO HAVE EMPATHY SINCE THEY COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LEAVE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE WITHOUT THEM.NOR DO I NEED THEM TO.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home